Good day to everyone! Let's try this again. *smiles* In response to issues with heavy lag and some of your feedback, we have our first update of Open Beta ready for download. (The previous game client will no longer be able to login. Your existing account will login normally to the new version of the game.) Update your client from our website: http://everjane.com/download
Please keep a backup of your previous game client folder. Currently, any in-game letters you have sent or received are stored locally on your computer. Your Journal of acquaintances is stored in our database and will be preserved with your character between updates. Please see this article in the Knowledge Base regarding transferring your letters between game updates:
What’s included in this update:
- Bug: Lag (delays): Revised some issues with lag and how characters were logging in (Note: We are continuing to optimize using the data we’re getting from Open beta. This will be ongoing for a while.)
- Feedback: Changed the player character name color in chat (cyan blue) to help visually separate the text
- Feedback: New login screen that allows you to choose if your character joins the world in Tyrehampton or the Estate (where you can practice dancing in the ballroom). You will be presented with this option each time you login.
- Feedback: New Circulating Library and Reading Room as a roleplay setting! His Lordship of the nearby estate has graciously paid the fees for our village to have a Circulating Library. The new construction is ongoing across the green from Mrs. Hatch’s cottage. (This space is currently just a new public space, but we intend to add functionality in the future.)
- Feedback: Mrs. Hatch has added a simple sign above her door so newcomers can find her more easily
- Bug: Duplicate characters should no longer stack up in front of Mrs. Hatch’s cottage
- Bug: You can no longer get stuck in the exterior main staircase outside the Estate
- Bug: We should no longer run out of sheep for the “Bo Peep” story. The Worthwaite family (Customer Service) also now has additional power over resetting the flock, if the need arises.
- Bug: Story NPCs can be reset to their correct positions by Customer Service (Mrs. Hatch and Shepherd Brimley)
- Bug: Greeting Button/Personality Traits window should no longer disappear after decorating or using the Dressing Room
- There is still movement in chat after leaving the Dressing Room
- Current Workaround: Log out and log back in to restore chatting normally. Or, transition to another area (Estate, Oakston, or Template) and return to Tyrehampton.
- Deep Bow/Deep Curtsy is not properly adding the targeted character to your Journal acquaintance list (Nod and Bow/Curtsy should add the targeted character as expected)
- Mini Map icons are not functioning as intended for Story goals
- The funeral for “A Wretched Beginning” is sometimes perpetual
- “Sabotage Chapter 1” cannot be completed by one of the three players
- Current Workaround: None available. We’ve made progress but for now you are not able to complete this Story for all three qualifying characters.
- The mouse look speed is too fast for many players and cannot currently be adjusted
- Need increased font clarity throughout the game & ensure all screen resolutions function equally well for things like lists
We are still working on these and other problems and will include fixes as soon as we can in future game updates. Please continue to report problems, and also workarounds, when you find them. It’s fantastic to see our community helping and encouraging each other.